1. What did you do in 2007 that you have never done before?
Started my Master of Professional Accounting, and finally worked out my career plan
2. Did you keep all of last years resolutions?
Not at all! But I did keep the most important of them, which was to figure out whether I was going to enroll in the Master degree. Once that started, the rest of my resolutions (things like scrapbooking more, taking more photos etc) fell by the wayside due to a lack of time. Also I did pay off my credit card (another resolution), but since then it's um... full again. So I'm not sure if that counts...
3. Have you any resolutions for next year?
- To keep working hard at my Masters and get 5 more subjects completed
- Try to manage my stress with work & everything a lot better
- Pay off my credit card... again
- Learn to use the manual features on my new camera
- Stay in better touch with my friends (including more letters!)
4. What countries did you visit?
For the first time in 4 years, none :( I would love to rectify this in 2008, but I don't think it's going to happen, due to time constraints
5. What would you like to have in 2008 that you didn't have in 2007?
Overseas travel, but as I said before, I don't think that will happen.
6. What date in 2007 will remain etched in your memory?
None really stand out, maybe the dates we saw Tori here in Australia [Sept 20, 22 & 24 ♥]
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Figuring out my career plan & how to get there. Beginning my Masters, and earning High Distinctions in my first 2 subjects, which I did completely by myself, due to studying via correspondence
8. What was your biggest failure?
Getting upset about things I can't control and allowing stress to dominate
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Just headaches, which I often get
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My new car, Luna the Echo, in August, and Tori concert tickets
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I can't really say
12. Where did most of your money go?
On Luna the Echo, and also on my new addiction: BPAL!
13. What did you get really really, really excited about?
Seeing Tori in September with thebluebells and Noel ♥
14. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Anything from Tori's American Doll Posse album ; Mother Earth by Within Temptation ; Let The Record Show by Emilie Autumn (the first couple of months of 2007 anyway) ; Coraline by Rose Berlin ;
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
Fatter or thinner? About the same, as always
Happier or sadder? Happier, but not a hard thing to be considering everything that was going on this time last year
Richer or poorer? Erm, probably poorer if you look at my car loan & credit card, but I am also earning more
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Written more (creative writing ; letters), spent more time with friends ; finished reading books (instead of starting about 8 at once)
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Been as stressed out and highly strung
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas morning was with the kids, here ; lunch was here with my family ; dinner was with the kids' mother & grandmother
19. Which Livejournal users did you meet for the first time?
I don't think I met any for the first time
20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell deeper in love with the person who has always been there for me (thankyou, Noel) ♥
21. How many one night stands?
22. What was your favourite TV show?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was/were the best books you read?
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling ; His Dark Materials trilogy (The Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife & The Amber Spyglass) - Philip Pullman ; Stardust - Neil Gaiman
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
um, even more live Tori music? haha. I also fell in love with Within Temptation
26. What did you want and get?
a place in the Master of Professional Accounting ; our house, which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it ; fabulous seats to Tori's shows & getting to meet her (twice!) ; a memorial tattoo for my Dad ; Kevin Rudd as prime minister ; my new car ; a new digital camera ; study leave from work ; plenty of BPAL!
27. What did you want and not get?
More hours in the day & time to stand still!
28. What was your favourite film this year?
Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix ; I also enjoyed Stardust and The Golden Compass, but the books of both were much better, of course
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 27 ; spent the day with the kids (bowling!) and then had a mexican dinner with Noel & the kids, my Mum & sister & 2 of my best friends
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Not being so stresed out & on edge all the time
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
cute skirts & tshirts, and my jeans from the kids department!
32. What kept you sane?
Noel ; BPAL ; live Tori music & bootlegs ; fashion magazines to escape into
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Heidi Klum! &Helena Bonham Carter
34. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Wanting a change of Australian government - Labour & Kevin Rudd
35. Who did you miss?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
That you always have choices in what you do - no-one is a victim. You can take control, and MAKE things happen.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year...
"You say we're waiting on Fate
But I think Fate is now" - Bouncing off Clouds, Tori
2007 in review survey
Our beautiful son, Eli Patrick, was born on 1 October, at 3:05am at 37 weeks, weighing 6lbs 3oz (2.8kg). It was earlier than expected (37 weeks),…
Books completed in 2014... 01. Tamil Tigress - by Niromi de Soyza (finished 1-January) 02. Unbearable Lightness - by Portia de Rossi (finished…
Six years of study = FINISHED. My last exam was today. I can't believe I've actually completed everything now. I'm so relieved and happy.